Thursday, February 2, 2012

Reasons to like today

-Getting 9+ hours of sleep the night before meant I was more rested than I had been in a long time.

-Conversations... With mentors, colleagues, students, friends.

-Responded to many good questions during the work-time in Humanities (they are researching in order to simulate the debate on whether or not to drop the atomic bomb, and today were asking fairly profound questions about ethical and political considerations).

-Delivered a short lecture in World History (which I rarely do, and only when its material I know inside and out), felt like that went well, enjoyed the discussion with the students (but that's always the case in my WH classes).

-Creatively read an excerpt from "Nature" by Ralph Waldo Emerson while scrolling through an exhaustively, painstakingly planned slideshow of over 150 slides (putting that slideshow together resulted in one of my recent late nights); felt like that, and our subsequent discussion on transcendentalist thought were solid.

-Sang "Loch Lomond" and "Let Everything That Hath Breath" with the bass section of the choir during their 7th period rehearsal. I miss being in choir.

-I'm sure there are more reasons, but I'm nodding off. Bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment