Wednesday, May 23, 2012

In Transit


As I write and post this, I literally am in transit--the airporter bus that I'm taking from SeaTac up to Bellingham has wi-fi.  I was not planning on taking this trip--even when I first heard from my parents at this time last week that Grandma's health had taken a turn for the worst, I didn't really consider what I'd do if she passed away.

All that said, I anticipate this being a meaningful time for my family as we celebrate and remember Grandma Emma.

I'm pretty wiped because it is currently 3:00 am Tokyo time, but only 11:00 am Washington time, and I've been awake since 8:00 am Tokyo time.  So, I won't try to write anymore just at this moment, as it may wind up being incoherent.  I will say, though, that I am ever-grateful to live in an age where it is possible to make last minute arrangements to fly across the ocean in a matter of hours for something like this.  I think that was my 14th trip over the Pacific, and it seems to get easier every time.

We're about to get onto the free-way now.  I think I'll post this, since I can do that, and then catch a quick nap.  The world is so plugged in, it's scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment