Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Audit #3

Today, today, is the first of May.

Four months since I wrote my New Year's Resolutions and one month since my last audit.

April was a good month--stressful, for sure and the week I'd been looking forward to most (Easter/Sakura blossoms), I developed allergies to the pollen and got a cold.  Still, it was a month of re-focusing; getting back on track.

I've talked in recent posts about the lessons I've learned in trust and prayer, and that's all been a product of the past month.  The cool thing is, when I do give up on my selfish ambitions and my narrow ideas of success, and strive to make God the center of my life, everything else really does just fall into place.  Though it certainly was not a regular thing, I cooked several times over the past month.  I also worked out several times.  Most significantly, I wrote almost every day.  Those were the three items on my list of New Year's Resolutions--things that seemed pretty far out of reach and beyond hope a month ago.

I guess the lesson (a reminder, since it's something I've learned before) is that God needs to be at the center of any and all planning that I do.  As May begins and I can now see so clearly the end of the school-year (and along with it, another distinct chapter in my life), I am humbled and I pray for the strength and mercy that only God can grant.   I hope to make a habit of some aspects of a healthier lifestyle, cooking and exercising more, and I hope to continue to write regularly.  Above all, I desire to keep praying, to keep my focus where it belongs.

I return to my favorite Psalm, which reminds me of who I am and where my hope is found: "My soul finds rest in God alone, my salvation comes from him.  He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken." (Psalm 62: 1, 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment