Monday, November 26, 2012

Breakdown

The past few weeks have been more of a question of "when" than "if".  WHEN will I crash?  WHEN will I get sick?  WHEN will my stress, busy schedule and busyness-induced lack of care for myself collide?

I would have put my money on Christmas break.  Typically, I can hold out until then (at least, that was always my pattern in college and my first years of teaching).  This year, it was Thanksgiving... and unfortunately, a 3-day weekend was not enough time for me to recover... in fact, I'm feeling worse now, despite a weekend of pretty solid rest and sleep.

So, again, I ask for prayers.  I hope to one day blog about more cheerful and lighthearted topics, but I'm afraid that this is not the evening where that happens.  Perhaps I'll take to more creative writing over Christmas break... but for now, I just want to get over this stupid fever/cold/whatever.

Thanks for praying--
Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment