Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Things I am Thankful For, part 1

Although I will be in school for part of the day on Thanksgiving, and will not have a chance to celebrate the holiday any more than an evening meal, I thought it would be good to reflect on things that I'm grateful for in my life, as I think of them. So, the first thing I'm thankful for is my job. 3 years ago, I was driving to Wheaton to meet up with my brother (we would then drive up to Grand Rapids for Thanksgiving). I had no idea what I was going to do once I finished student teaching. Absolutely none.

Now, 3 years later, I have a job that I love, even when it is overwhelming and stressful. I enjoy the kids that I get to teach, and I appreciate my colleagues. At CAJ, I have learned how to be a teacher. I'm still learning, and CAJ is so incredibly instrumental in that growth. As I made that long trip out to Chicago just a short few years ago, I never would have guessed that I'd be moving to Japan 5 weeks later, or that I'd still be in Japan years later. Just goes to show that sometimes what God has planned is so much better than what we expect, or could ever imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment