Friday, April 13, 2012

Promising

Two weeks ago, I was trying to describe to my parents how the Sakura blossoms would look. Two weeks before that, I was packing to leave for Thailand and shivering on a cold evening.

Tonight, I am sitting at the school picnic tables after two productive days of hard work and thoroughly enjoying the atmosphere. The Sakura petals are still raining down, and the trees are slowly transforming from pink to green. It's warm this evening--70˚F at 5:00 pm.

I know that summer is still a couple months away, but this reminds me that summer is coming, makes it seem somehow closer. I worked hard this week, and that on top of being sick over the weekend. I'm in need of rest, and the calm, warm breeze, the green on the trees... all of it reminds me that rest is around the corner. Though I'm feeling significantly more content and at peace with a huge stack of grading almost behind me, I'm definitely feeling more and more ready for summer-time. For the moment, an evening such as this will do nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment